Hello everyone. I suppose it’s time for another update on life from the frozen north (well chilly north anyway…can anyone tell me where summer is supposed to be?).
I finished teaching at the school on June 8th, and Kyle and I decided that it would be a wonderful time to take a much needed break before chaos resumes and I have to pack up the house for a move. We decided to go to Niagara Falls for the weekend and it was absolutly, blessedly peaceful and restful. We did all the touristy things and I took lots of pictures, which will go up as soon as I can figure out what’s going wrong with our gallery program.
On the drive home Kyle was thinking about his last convesation with the Headmistress at the school in Concord. When Mrs. C had told Kyle that she was very sorry that she had offerend the English position to someone else who had more experience but that she had a full time teaching position for Latin also open. At first he politely turned her down thinking that it was a joke, but he realized on the ride home that she wouldn’t have mentioned it if she hadn’t been serious.
So when we got home at 2am, Kyle emailed to ask if the position had been filled yet and if she was still interested in him as an applicant. When we woke up a few hours later, the Mrs. C had emailed back saying that it was still open and she was interested. Kyle spent that day speaking with her and with the current Latin teacher to see if he would be able to do the job (and he feels he can).
While he was was talking to everyone that day, my school called as well and said that within 48 hours they felt that they would be able to give us an answer for employment for both of us. When it rains it pours.
While we’re waiting on BCA to call (should be sometime today), Kyle is on his way to Charlotte on an airplane for an in person interview. I’m really excited and most definitely want to be back closer to home. Please pray for the interview and the phone call that he should be getting from BCA. We need wisdom in this to know where God wants us to be.
Wherever he’s leading us, we’re also planning a month long trip to visit relatives and friends in MD, VA, TN, NC, MO, OK, TX and GA. I’m also looking forward to that a lot too. Please pray for traveling as we head out on the 25th.