My greatest difficulty at present is that I am afflicted with too many ambitions. In the past 24 hours I have:
- Wanted to be a college professor,
- Felt called to prison ministry,
- Wished to start a Christian high-end grocery store,
- Debated whether to join the Army as enlisted or an officer,
- Imagined starting a young married couples ministry at my church,
- Re-structured my morning devotionals (twice),
- And planned a novel series.
Every one of these was a serious consideration, and not a passing whimsy. It’s like I’m suddenly seven again, except that I was never like this, even at seven.
What I can’t decide is whether this sort of ambitious discontent is from God or somewhere else.