- At 6:30, Ethan climbed into bed with us and wouldn’t go back to sleep.
- At around 6:45, I got up and set him up watching Speed Racer.
- At around 6:50, Timothy woke up and started walking on his mother’s head. I picked him up and tried to set him up in the playroom. No go. I tried to hold him while surfing Facebook. No go.
- Around 7:00, I realized he was hungry, so I set him up at the table with a bowl of goldfish crackers and some water.
- Around 7:05, Ethan came out asking for breakfast, so I pulled out cereal and set him up with a bowl of fruit loops and a cup of milk. At which point, Timothy complained about his lack of milk.
Suddenly, I realized that Timothy needed breakfast and not a snack. So I got him a cup of milk, and added the rest of the fruit loops to the goldfish.
Now, it is my contention that there is no reason to believe that fruit loops is in any way a healthier or more appropriate breakfast food than goldfish.