“Listen, there’s no such thing as the “manifest” presence of God. God is always present everywhere. The only difference is whether he blesses us with an awareness of it.”
“That’s not what Moses said at the bush, at the sea, or on the mountain. It isn’t what the priests said at the dedication of Solomon’s temple. It isn’t even what David said in the psalms. Do try not to take a single verse out of context.”
Good morning. We had a storm last night in the Knoxville region that had people panicking – almost my entire office left early so they could get home before the tornadoes came. The storm itself was very impressive – for 15 minutes.
- Prejudice looking for prejudice. Also: note the prejudice in the comments.
- There’s something to this perspective, but at the same time it’s not… quite… right. Which again, is of course why I’m not Orthodox.
- Freedom spelled backwards is…
- Poor management always backfires.
- One Sudafed short of a…
- Doug Wilson continues his critique of N.T. Wright. Remember: Wilson, the punchline is always at the end. His point about “not exegesis first, but Christ first” also rang home to me. Exegesis is good, but exegesis, when you exit Jesus, is blind.